MEDICINES WASTE .............is everyone's business
Did you know that as much as £5.5 million is wasted each year in Devon on unused medicines?
The money available to the NHS is limited so any money wasted could be better spent on other services; therefore this waste affects all of us.
The same amount could pay for approximately:
- 730 heart bypasses
- 1000 hip replacements
- 2235 knee replacements
- 10720 cataract operations
You can help us use this NHS money in Devon more wisely.
- Check - look at your supplies - order only the items that you need
- Listen - listed to the advice from your doctor, nurse or pharmacist and take all medicines as instructed on the label.
- Tell - Tell your doctor, nurse or pharmacist if your medicines are not agreeing with you or you have stopped taking them.
- Tick - Using the counterfoil of the prescription, tick only the medicines you need and remember ' tick in haste - medicines waste'
- Open - Open your bag of medication while at the pharmacy. If you have item(s) for the next month, please return these before leaving.
THANK YOU FOR HELPING US SAVE MONEY